Dove Chocolate Discoveries Molten Lava Chocolate Cake Mix Review
By: Danielle Zimmerman, editor for TheBestDessertRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Dove Chocolate Discoveries Molten Lava Chocolate Cake
Provided by Dove Chocolate Discoveries
Reviewed by Danielle Zimmerman, editor of TheBestDessertRecipes.com
Some chocolate cakes are too moist, some are too dry, and some have so little flavor that, if it weren’t for the color, you’d never know it was a chocolate cake at all. Every once in a while though, a chocolate cake comes along that changes your life forever. In fact, it may even ruin you on other chocolate cakes. The Dove Chocolate Discoveries’s Molten Lava Chocolate Cake mix makes for one of the best and easiest chocolate cakes you will ever try.
I guarantee you that you’ve never tasted chocolate cake quite like this before. This Molten Lava Chocolate Cake has a soft and dense texture, almost like a brownie. Its center is so rich and moist that it practically oozes out of the cake. Yet, the centers aren’t entirely liquified so they won’t make a giant mess on your plate. They really just add an extra pop of sweet chocolate flavor to an already delicious cake.
You can prepare the cake mix in one of two ways. One way is to make the Molten Lava Chocolate Cake into one large cake. However, the cake mix box itself is to pour the batter into a greased cupcake pan and make mini lava cakes. I prepared the cake mix this way for this review and absolutely loved the way it turned out. The mini cakes may seem a bit small, but they’re actually the perfect size for enjoying this cake. The cupcake-sized lava cakes are big enough to satisfy your sweet tooth but they’re also filling enough so that you’ll feel satisfied without reaching for another portion.
The best part about this cake mix though isn’t how it tastes. This is one of the best cake mixes I’ve come across because of just how simple it is to make. All I needed to make this cake mix was a few eggs and a bit of oil. That’s it. I just mixed the ingredients together and poured it into the cupcake pan. Then, when they came out, all I had to do was run a knife around the edge of each cake and it just popped right out of the pan. Other cake mixes make making a cake such a process. However, with Dove Chocolate DIscoveries’s Molten Lava Chocolate Cake mix, baking a delicious chocolatey treat was ridiculously simple. I’ll definitely make another batch of these lava cakes in the future and I’d suggest that you do the same.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- The Sweet Box Baking Kit Review
- The Midnight Scoop Ice Cream Scoop Review
- Silpat Perfect Cookie Mat Review
- Dove Chocolate Discoveries Molten Lava Chocolate Cake Mix Review
- Cakes Under the Influence Shot Baking Kit Review
- Tovolo Tilt-Up Ice Cream Scoop Review
- Tovolo Kitchen Tools Prize Pack Review
- Carolyn's Kitchen Apron Review
- Spoonable Caramel Sauce Review
- Chill Factor Ice Cream Maker Review
- 18 Easy Recipes for Dessert
- Decadent Desserts: 9 Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- Dump Cake Recipes: 9 of the Best Dessert Recipes Ever
- Easy Pie Recipes: 12 of the Best Pie Recipes
- Incredibly Easy Dessert Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes with Cake Mix
- No Bake Desserts: 19 No Bake Dessert Recipes
- 8 Spooktacular Halloween Dessert Recipes
- Delicious Thanksgiving Desserts: 11 Easy Pie Recipes
- The Best Christmas Desserts: 7 Christmas Cookie Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Coconut Cream Peach Tart Recipe
- Tropical Royalty Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- Strawberry Pretzel Fluff
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Aztec Hot Chocolate with Instant Coffee
- No Bake Banana Split Cheesecake
- Caramel Apple Pops
- Zoku Quick Pop Maker Review
- Pineapple Coconut Cherry Dream Bars
- Chocolate Banana Chia Seed Pudding Parfait