Chocolate Glazed Special K Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Perfect snack that whips up in minutes. Crunchy with a perfect chocolate glaze. These cereal bars are perfect for potluck, after school snack or in lunches."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 12 baking pan
- 5 cups Special K Cereal
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 2 cups Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Over medium heat, mix together the marshmallows, butter and brown sugar and boil no longer than three minutes. (Any longer will make your bars too crunchy. I like to heat it just until the marshmallows dissolve). Place the cereal and nuts in a large bowl. Pour the boiled mixture over the cereal and stir until blended. Place in a buttered 9x13 baking dish and press down to even out.
For the frosting: Melt together at 30 second increments in the microwave until all the lumps are gone. With a fork, dip into the mixture and drizzle the frosting over the cereal bars as much as you'd like. Don't forget to lick the bowl :) Cut the bars into desired sizes. Then eat up!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush
- Coconut Cream Pie Sex in a Pan
- No Bake Smores Pie
- Graham Cracker Toffee Magic Bars
- Banana Split Lasagna
- No-Bake Cake Batter Cake Balls
- "Oh My!" Banana Cream Pie Sex in a Pan
- Coconut Cream Sex in a Pan
- No-Bake Chocolate Shortbread Mousse Parfaits
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pudding Dessert
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Zucchini Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oreo Surprise Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Surprise Cookie
- Rolo Pretzel Surprise Cookies
- Cannoli Cupcakes
- Microwave Rice Krispie Treat For One
- Rustic Peach Blueberry Galette
- Best Oatmeal Fudge Bars Ever
- Sugar Cookies With Maple Frosting