Chocolate Glazed Special K Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Perfect snack that whips up in minutes. Crunchy with a perfect chocolate glaze. These cereal bars are perfect for potluck, after school snack or in lunches."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 12 baking pan
- 5 cups Special K Cereal
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 2 cups Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Over medium heat, mix together the marshmallows, butter and brown sugar and boil no longer than three minutes. (Any longer will make your bars too crunchy. I like to heat it just until the marshmallows dissolve). Place the cereal and nuts in a large bowl. Pour the boiled mixture over the cereal and stir until blended. Place in a buttered 9x13 baking dish and press down to even out.
For the frosting: Melt together at 30 second increments in the microwave until all the lumps are gone. With a fork, dip into the mixture and drizzle the frosting over the cereal bars as much as you'd like. Don't forget to lick the bowl :) Cut the bars into desired sizes. Then eat up!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
This pumpkin cake recipe is truly the epitome of "dump and go." To make Incredibly Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake, all you need to do is… Continue reading: "Incredibly Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake"
- Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rice Krispie Treats
- Luscious Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats
- Kitchen Sink Krispie Treats
- Tropical Dream Rice Krispie Treats
- Coconut Cream Pie Sex in a Pan
- Chocolate Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolatey Coconut Bites with Cranberries
- The Best Oreo Balls Ever
- No-Bake Cake Batter Cake Balls
- Orange Fluff Jello Salad
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Blueberry French Toast Bake
- Lemon Cranberry Bars
- Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Lemon Chess Pie
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Upside Down Cake
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake
- White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Blondies
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Rustic Apple Pie with Cinnamon Oat Crumble Topping
- Monster Cupcakes Recipe