We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Breton butter cake is unlike any other cake I’ve tried, the crunchy crust quite short and dense but not as crumbly as shortcrust. It melts in your mouth and has a lovely flavour from all those egg yolks and butter. The interesting thing is that the Pays Basque have their own version – called, of course, gateau basque. It tastes quite similar, the method is only slightly different and if you delve deeper into French recipe sites it turns out the method actually could be identical."
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Caramel Pear Turnovers
Easy Lemon Cream Danishes
French Easter Cheesecake Macarons
Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastry
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pastry Bread
Cream Puffs with Vanilla Custard Filling
40 Fabulous French Dessert Recipes
Creamy Homemade Baked Cannoli
Perfect Cream Puffs
Chocolate Cheesecake Chimichangas
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Ayesha 3-Piece Cookie Pan Set
- Ayesha Curry Kitchenware
- Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Skillet Brownie
- Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes
- 2-Ingredient Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- S'mores Popsicles with Toasted Marshmallow Meringue
- Melting Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- S'mores Chocolate No Bake Cookie Bars
- Homemade Twix Ice Cream