Apricot Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Apricot upside-down butter cake. Just when I thought I've seen it all when it comes to cake batters, here comes this little number and what a lovely one it is. The texture is gorgeous, it's not hard to make and it keeps well if you let it. And the best thing - you can use it for an upside down fruit cake. Tarte Tatin is of course the classic, but it uses puff pastry so will become soggy if the tarte stands around for a bit - or, in my experience, immediately after turning it right side up. This not so - fruit (apricots here, excellent in cakes, turning jammy and gooey but with the delicate suede skins almost intact) gets cooked gently at the bottom of the tin and the batter on top is fluffy, rich, and does not sink pitifully when turned out."
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Gingerbread
- 26 Quick and Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Oreo Cake
- Chocolate Italian Love Cake
- The World's Best Chocolate Cake
- Triple Chocolate Poke Cake
- Vanilla Magic Cake
- 13 Dessert Lasagna Recipes for When You're Feeling Lazy
- "The Best of Fall" Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Apple Walnut Cake with Caramel Glaze
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cinnamon Rolls
- Rainbow Dessert Lasagna
- No Wrappers Required: 20+ Homemade Candy Recipes
- 14 Easy Halloween Recipes for Cookies
- Easy Banana Cake
- Simple Dessert Recipes: 40+ Tasty Baked Goods
- The 20+ Best Pecan Dessert Recipes for Fall
- Spread the Love: 14 Easy Frosting Recipes
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert