Apricot Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Apricot upside-down butter cake. Just when I thought I've seen it all when it comes to cake batters, here comes this little number and what a lovely one it is. The texture is gorgeous, it's not hard to make and it keeps well if you let it. And the best thing - you can use it for an upside down fruit cake. Tarte Tatin is of course the classic, but it uses puff pastry so will become soggy if the tarte stands around for a bit - or, in my experience, immediately after turning it right side up. This not so - fruit (apricots here, excellent in cakes, turning jammy and gooey but with the delicate suede skins almost intact) gets cooked gently at the bottom of the tin and the batter on top is fluffy, rich, and does not sink pitifully when turned out."
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- One Bowl No Bake Maltesers Fridge Cake
- Unicorn Popcorn
- Caramel Cookie Bar Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Recipe
- Thor Ragnorok Inspired Cupcake Recipe
- Fall Themed Cupcakes Recipe
- Delicious Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- Easy Cookie Bar Recipe That We Love
- Pistachio Lemon Bars
- Adorable Disney Pixar Coco Inspired Guitar Cupcakes Recipe