Apricot Upside Down Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Apricot upside-down butter cake. Just when I thought I've seen it all when it comes to cake batters, here comes this little number and what a lovely one it is. The texture is gorgeous, it's not hard to make and it keeps well if you let it. And the best thing - you can use it for an upside down fruit cake. Tarte Tatin is of course the classic, but it uses puff pastry so will become soggy if the tarte stands around for a bit - or, in my experience, immediately after turning it right side up. This not so - fruit (apricots here, excellent in cakes, turning jammy and gooey but with the delicate suede skins almost intact) gets cooked gently at the bottom of the tin and the batter on top is fluffy, rich, and does not sink pitifully when turned out."
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Cheery Hot Chocolate Pound Cake
- 26 Quick and Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Grandma's Prized Lemon Crazy Cake
- Granny's Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake
- Pleasing Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
- Lumberjack cake
- Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
- Tried-and-True Classic Buttery Pound Cake
- Glazed Brown Sugar Pound Cake
- Key Lime Pound Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Buche de Noel
- Chocolate Almond Granola
- Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- Easy Turkey Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Soft Baked Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
- Rosemary Pear Thumbprint Cookies
- Decadent Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour