Apricot Upside Down Cake
By: Cuisine Fiend from cuisinefiend.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Apricot upside-down butter cake. Just when I thought I've seen it all when it comes to cake batters, here comes this little number and what a lovely one it is. The texture is gorgeous, it's not hard to make and it keeps well if you let it. And the best thing - you can use it for an upside down fruit cake. Tarte Tatin is of course the classic, but it uses puff pastry so will become soggy if the tarte stands around for a bit - or, in my experience, immediately after turning it right side up. This not so - fruit (apricots here, excellent in cakes, turning jammy and gooey but with the delicate suede skins almost intact) gets cooked gently at the bottom of the tin and the batter on top is fluffy, rich, and does not sink pitifully when turned out."
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time1 hr 30 min
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 24 Quick and Easy Cherry Dessert Recipes
- Vanilla Dessert Lasagna
- Death By Chocolate Brownie Cake
- "Oh My!" Banana Cream Pie Sex in a Pan
- 22 Deep Fried Dessert Recipes
- Tovolo Ice Cream Sandwich Mold
- 26 Quick and Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Classic Shirley Temple Poke Cake
- Classic Shirley Temple Poke Cake Recipe
- Boozy Peach Pie Bars