Italian Anisette Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"I’m British, so naturally, I love the licorice flavor in Italian anisette cookies. You can certainly replace the anise extract in this recipe with lemon or vanilla extract if you have people who love the texture of these cookies, but not the licorice flavor. They will taste delicious either way, I promise! These anisette cookies are a holiday dessert favorite, just like my Thumbprint Cookies that everyone goes crazy over. Whether you choose to make these cookies with anise or without, they always seem to be a crowd-pleaser. Since this recipe makes a lot of cookies, they also make the perfect treats to bring along to a holiday gathering or family get-together."
NotesPlease visit AmandasCookin for the full recipe!
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time10 min
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
It is impossible to understate just how incredibly easy Lazy Day Cake Mix Apple Cobbler is to make. While apple cobbler recipes are… Continue reading: "Lazy Day Cake Mix Apple Cobbler"
- 4-Step Amish Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Peanut Butter Lover's Brookie Cups
- Easy Lemon Cool Whip Cookies
- 30+ Incredibly Easy No Bake Cookies
- Chewy Brownie Cookies
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches With Candies
- Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- Nana's Best Coconut Macaroons
- Gail's Favorite Potato Chip Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Surprise Cookie
- Rolo Pretzel Surprise Cookies
- Cannoli Cupcakes
- Microwave Rice Krispie Treat For One
- Rustic Peach Blueberry Galette
- Best Oatmeal Fudge Bars Ever
- Sugar Cookies With Maple Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- Sweet Potato Pie