We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Gateau basque, the traditional pastry from le Pays Basque is a round, buttery and melting, sweet shortcrust tart. This is a plain version. The filled one might have vanilla crème pâtissière or cherry preserve inside. The pastry is awfully rich, buttery and heavy, like a posh relative to shortcrust. Easy to put together, especially that, unlike shortcrust, it doesn’t need chilling in the fridge - mix and press into the dish, smoothing out the crumbs. It’s a bit more fiddly when you want to bake it with a filling - hence my version is plain and easy."
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time50 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
How could you ever turn down the opportunity to make 3-Ingredient Fresh Strawberry Pie when it's just so easy to whip up? It's truly… Continue reading: "3-Ingredient Fresh Strawberry Pie"
- Cream Puffs with Vanilla Custard Filling
- 40 Fabulous French Dessert Recipes
- Eclairs Filled With Chocolate Cream
- Easy Chocolate Eclairs Recipe
- Warm Apple Streusel Bars
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Roll Pastries
- 4-Ingredient Raspberry Danish
- Easy Lemon Cream Danishes
- Perfect Autumn Apple Cinnamon Tart
- Frosted Cheese Danish Pizza
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- 4 Ingredient Funfetti Ice Cream Cake
- Blueberry Crumble Baked In A Jar
- Almond Apricot Energy Balls
- Easy Ricotta Cake
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Apple And Carrot Salad
- Wine Strawberries
- Cereal Snack Mix Recipe
- No Bake White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy Peach Danish