We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Recipe names are a funny thing. Take the Italian Cream Cake, for instance. The name suggests that it comes from Italy, right? Nope. Not at all. In fact, there is very little Italian about an Italian Cream Cake. The cake is topped with a tasty cream cheese frosting…but cream cheese isn’t really common in Italian cooking. Mascarpone is. But not cream cheese. It seems that the first recipe for an Italian Cream Cake actually appears in a Dallas, TX newspaper in the mid 1930’s. Some folks say that an Italian baker living the southern part of the U.S. invented the cake…thus the name. No-one really knows. But then again, I’m not sure I really care. Italian Cream Cakes are one heck of a delicious dessert!"
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Mile High Devil's Food Cake
- Wild and Crazy Desserts: 18 Unique Cupcake Recipes
- Chocolate Italian Wedding Cupcakes
- Wide-Eyed Owl Cupcakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
- Mega Extreme Brownie Batter Cupcakes
- Lovely Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Awesome Atomic Fireball Cupcakes
- Amazing Almond Joy Cupcakes
- Camp Fire Cupcakes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peach Pound Cake
- Amish No-Bake Cookies
- Easy Pie Recipes: 12 of the Best Pie Recipes
- No Churn Melon and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Fluffernutter Bars
- BulbHead Red Copper Brownie Bonanza Pan
- Blueberry Fro-yo without Ice Cream Maker
- Fiesta Ceramic Rectangular Baking Dish