Italian Cream Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Recipe names are a funny thing. Take the Italian Cream Cake, for instance. The name suggests that it comes from Italy, right? Nope. Not at all. In fact, there is very little Italian about an Italian Cream Cake. The cake is topped with a tasty cream cheese frosting…but cream cheese isn’t really common in Italian cooking. Mascarpone is. But not cream cheese. It seems that the first recipe for an Italian Cream Cake actually appears in a Dallas, TX newspaper in the mid 1930’s. Some folks say that an Italian baker living the southern part of the U.S. invented the cake…thus the name. No-one really knows. But then again, I’m not sure I really care. Italian Cream Cakes are one heck of a delicious dessert!"
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Cookie Monster Cupcakes
- Magically Easy Butterbeer Cupcakes
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Better Than Sex Cupcakes
- One Bowl Super Moist Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Chocolate Italian Wedding Cupcakes
- Italian Cream Cupcakes
- Extraordinary Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
- Vanilla Almond Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Copycat Hostess Cupcakes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Cream Cheese Monster Cookie Dough Dip
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Steamed Pumpkin Cake
- Strawberry Sauce
- The Very Best Slow Cooker Bread Pudding
- Peach Crisp
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Creamy Custard Dessert
- Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie In A Jar