We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Recipe names are a funny thing. Take the Italian Cream Cake, for instance. The name suggests that it comes from Italy, right? Nope. Not at all. In fact, there is very little Italian about an Italian Cream Cake. The cake is topped with a tasty cream cheese frosting…but cream cheese isn’t really common in Italian cooking. Mascarpone is. But not cream cheese. It seems that the first recipe for an Italian Cream Cake actually appears in a Dallas, TX newspaper in the mid 1930’s. Some folks say that an Italian baker living the southern part of the U.S. invented the cake…thus the name. No-one really knows. But then again, I’m not sure I really care. Italian Cream Cakes are one heck of a delicious dessert!"
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Tropical Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Chocolatey Cauldron Cakes
- Italian Cream Cupcakes
- Prime Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes
- Chocolate Italian Wedding Cupcakes
- Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- Ricotta Pound Cake Cupcakes with Whipped Ricotta Frosting
- Wild and Crazy Desserts: 18 Unique Cupcake Recipes
- Raspberry Orange Cupcakes
- Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
- Turkey Rice Krispie Treats
- Buche de Noel
- Chocolate Almond Granola
- Cheesecake Swirled Brownies
- Easy Turkey Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Soft Baked Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Sugar Frosting
- Rosemary Pear Thumbprint Cookies
- Decadent Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins with Almond Flour