Burnt Almond Torte
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"This cake is a copycat version of a famous dessert made by Prantl’s Bakery in Pittsburgh, PA. We’ll circle back to the obvious almond coating shortly, but the first thing you might notice about this dessert is that it’s a square. We’re back to that age-old pizza slice debate. Square or triangle? Not surprisingly, I also fall on the triangle side for cake. For similar reasons as above, square cut cakes mean the corner slices have 2 edges of frosting while the middle slices have no edges of frosting. That just doesn’t feel fair. Putting the shape debate aside, I have to say that this Burnt Almond Torte is a new favorite cake around here. As my wife noted, this cake would be great to take somewhere – to a party, to a friend’s house, to bed, etc. Not only is it delicious, but it’s unique. The generous amount of sugared almonds covering this cake add a tremendous amount of flavor…and they look cool, too."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Delicious Dr. Pepper Cake
- Grandma's Prized Lemon Crazy Cake
- Italian Lemon Cream Cake
- Moist and Fluffy Coconut Cake
- Easy Apple Pie Cake
- Millionaire's Marshmallow Fluff Cake
- Vanilla Magic Cake
- The Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Vintage Chocolate Crazy Cake
- The Best Easy Dessert Recipes: 28 Dump Cake Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Mickey Beignets
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- Apple Roses Pastry
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
- 4 Ingredient Apple Dump Cake
- Almond Biscotti Recipe With Cranberries
- Fun And Easy Superhero Sundaes
- Cream Puff Chocolate Eclair Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- How To Freeze Peaches