23 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes
Do dessert for one tonight with this new mini dessert trend. Mug cake recipes are the best way to satisfy that sweet tooth solo!
By: Danielle Zimmerman, Editor, TheBestDessertRecipes.com
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
We all have those days where we have an insatiable craving for cake but don't want to (or don't have the energy to) bake an entire cake. It happens. Plus, in the summer, the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven and heat up your house. Luckily, some baking genius somewhere invented the microwave mug cake. Mug cake recipes are fantastic, single-serve desserts that take only a few minutes to whip up and are sure to put a smile on your face.
There's just something so exciting about making, for instance, a decadent chocolate cake in a mug. It almost feels like cheating. But microwave mug cake recipes are here to stay. So break out your favorite large mug and take a peek at this list of 22 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes for some of the best and most mouth-watering mug cakes from around the internet. Why not make a movie night out of it? Curl up on the couch with your family or significant other while you all munch on one of these decadent mug cake recipes.
Whether you're craving something chocolatey or something fruity, there is a mug cake recipe with your name on it. Find your favorite mug and a nice warm blanket, because you need a bit of cozy time! For a simple but flavorful mug cake recipe, watch the video below:
Table of Contents
Baking in the microwave can be tricky, so our editors have put together these 6 Tips for Making the Best Ever Mug Cake
Decadent Chocolate Mug Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Nutella Mug CakeThis Chocolate Nutella mug cake has gooey melted Nutella at its center. This recipe also gives simple instructions for the perfect topping: homemade coconut and strawberry whipped cream.
- Raspberry Chocolate Chocolate Chip Mug Brownie CakesTart raspberries and rich chocolate make both the brownie cake itself and the frosting impossible to resist. There are so many ways to garnish this treat that you'll have to make it more than once to try every combination.
- Thin Mint Diet Coke Mug CakeGirl Scout cookies and one of America's most popular soft drinks combine with chocolate cake mix to make an addicting dessert that you won't want to share with anyone else.
- Hot Chocolate CakeIs that a mug of delicious hot chocolate? Nope! It's a chocolate mug cake that has all of the flavors you love about hot chocolate in three thick layers.
- Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Microwave Mug CakeIs it a mug cake or is it a brownie? You'll just have to make this delicious chocolate dessert to find out. Oh, and make sure not to skip the glaze!
- Molten Lava Protein Mug CakeImagine holding a warm mug, not of hot cocoa, but of the tastiest cake to ever pop out of the microwave. This microwave cake recipe will make a Molten Lava Protein Mug Cake in practically no time.
- Double Chocolate Cake in a MugThe best thing about this microwave cake recipe is that you don't need a special occasion to make it. This perfectly-portioned Double Chocolate Cake in a Mug is great for any time of the year.
- Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake RecipeIf you're craving cake but don't feel like baking a whole one just for yourself, a good microwave chocolate cake is a great alternative.
Fruity Mug Cake Recipes
- Blackberry Lemon Custard Mug CakeThese delightful lemon and blackberry mug cakes are light and fruity. They make excellent summer desserts, and are fun to eat outside at a picnic or potluck.
- Gooey Banana Nutella Mug CakeThese banana mug cakes are loaded with fresh banana and rich chocolate flavor. Chocolate chips and hot coffee give these warm, gooey cakes a molten lava center.
- Glazed Strawberry Vanilla Mug CakeJuicy, diced strawberries make the vanilla cake even fluffier and moister while the glaze sweetens makes this one of the sweetest mug cake recipes of all.
- 3 Minute Banana Mug CakeIf you have a few extra bananas lying around, whip up a mug full of this moist banana cake. After just one bite, you won't believe that you made this cake in your microwave.
- Easy Blueberry Mug CakeThis blueberry mug cake has a secret ingredient that makes it even easier to make than most mug cakes!
- Little Bitty Peach Dump CakeWhen you find yourself craving a little something sweet, your best bet is to turn to dump cake recipes. This Little Bitty Peach Dump Cake is the perfect size and will surely put that sweet tooth at bay.
More Sweet Mug Cake Recipes
- 5-Minute Vegan Chocolate Mug CakeThese mug cakes are rich, tasty, full of chocolate, and (believe it or not) healthy without sacrificing one ounce of flavor.
- 4-Minute Cake Batter Mug CakeIn general, cake batter-flavored desserts are at the top of everyone's lists but this mug cake recipe really takes the cake. You'll love it so much that you won't leave any crumbs in your mug.
- Classy Cinnamon Roll Mug CakeThis delicious mug cake is so soft and fluffy. It's full of warm cinnamon flavor that will definitely make your mouth water.
- Matcha Green Tea Mug CakeThese much cakes are so easy to make, and they're perfect for when you want something light. They're as tasty as they are colorful!
- Amber Maharani Teacup CakesThese adorable teacup cakes are made with Amber Maharani Tea, an Indian tea that gives these cakes a pleasant, mildly spicy flavor.
- Biscoff Minute Mug CakeSmooth cookie butter (yes, COOKIE butter), brown sugar, and vanilla, make this mug cake a must-make. You won't be able to turn down this cake, especially after seeing its frosting recipe.
- Triple Coconut Mug CakeThis mug cake is full of the flavors of summer. The coconut lightens this cake up, and gives you a perfectly easy dessert for those lazy days.
- 4 Minute Coffee Cake Mug CakeThis quick and easy mug cake recipe is the ideal breakfast. It can be made in minutes, has just the right amount of sweetness, and makes a single serving.
- 2-Minute Pumpkin Caramel Mug CakeThis caramel pumpkin mug cake is an excellent mug cake to make during the fall, or whenever you're craving those comforting cinnamon, pumpkin, and caramel fall flavors.
Bonus: 5-Minute Mug Cakes free printable PDF
Love mug cakes for just about any occasion? Click here and download our free printbale PDF of three 5-Minute Mug Cakes. They're the easiest (and fastest) way to satisfy your sweet tooth in a hurry.
Looking for a cake that's a little bigger but doesn't require a lot of work? Check out these 28 Super Simple Dump Cake Recipes
Which mug cake is your go-to snack?
Let us know in the comments!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Love these recipes? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 23 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes
- 26 Quick and Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Oreo Poke Cake
- Sex In A Pan
- Chocolate Italian Love Cake
- Soda Shop Banana Split Poke Cake
- 28 Super Simple Dump Cake Recipes
- Chocolate Chunk Marshmallow Fluff Cake
- Dangerously Good Texas Tornado Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cream Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
- 26 Blueberry Dessert Recipes You'll Love
- 3-Ingredient Lemon Pineapple Dump Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Funfetti Cake
- Boysenberry Hand Pies
- Napoleons with Italian Pastry Cream
- 24 Quick and Easy Cherry Dessert Recipes
- Vanilla Dessert Lasagna
- Death By Chocolate Brownie Cake
- "Oh My!" Banana Cream Pie Sex in a Pan