The Best Snickerdoodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Where does the name come from? Not at all clear, several theories around, from ‘snail noodles’ in German seriously mispronounced (Schneckennudeln) to a folk hero allegedly called Snickerdoodle. Or perhaps it’s just a portmanteau word coined to mean ‘funny scribbles’ reflecting the abstract patterns that appear on the cookies from the cinnamon sugar coating. When the name (and the cookie) comes from is surprisingly long ago: the records quote as far back as 1889. Wherever and whenever, the cookies are laughably easy to make and grinningly delicious. Get the kids to assist so they roll the dough balls in sugared cinnamon like dung beetles."
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time10 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Let yourself be whisked away to your own tropical haven with one bite Paradise Pina Colada Poke Cake. It's a poke cake recipe that is… Continue reading: "Paradise Pina Colada Poke Cake"
- Nana's Prized Oatmeal Cookies
- Big-Batch Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 14 Easy Peanut Butter Cookies You'll Love
- Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies
- Soft Baked Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Copycat Thin Mint No Bake Cookies
- Classic New York Black And White Cookies
- Royally Rich Cool Whip Cookies
- Ultimate Rocky Road Nut Bars
- Snow Ball Cookies