The Best Snickerdoodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Where does the name come from? Not at all clear, several theories around, from ‘snail noodles’ in German seriously mispronounced (Schneckennudeln) to a folk hero allegedly called Snickerdoodle. Or perhaps it’s just a portmanteau word coined to mean ‘funny scribbles’ reflecting the abstract patterns that appear on the cookies from the cinnamon sugar coating. When the name (and the cookie) comes from is surprisingly long ago: the records quote as far back as 1889. Wherever and whenever, the cookies are laughably easy to make and grinningly delicious. Get the kids to assist so they roll the dough balls in sugared cinnamon like dung beetles."
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time10 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
If you've ever been in the Chicagoland area, you're sure to have heard people singing the praises of Portillo's, especially their… Continue reading: "Better-Than-Portillo's Chocolate Cake"
- Soft And Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cake Batter Butterscotch Delights
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 3-ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Aunt Bee's Lemon Whippersnaps (Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies)
- Oreo-Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookie Cups
- Fudge Marble Cake Mix Cookies
- Gail's Favorite Potato Chip Cookies
- Auntie's Favorite Cream Cheese Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Popcorn Bars
- Oreo Macarons
- Mint Cheesecake
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Sensational Chocolate Glazed Donut Cookies
- Fourth Of July Spectacular Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- Easy To Make, Red, White, And Blue Patriotic Blondies
- Totally Extreme Oreo Cupcakes Recipe
- Rainbow Jello Shots
- Rainbow Ice Pops