The Best Snickerdoodles
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Where does the name come from? Not at all clear, several theories around, from ‘snail noodles’ in German seriously mispronounced (Schneckennudeln) to a folk hero allegedly called Snickerdoodle. Or perhaps it’s just a portmanteau word coined to mean ‘funny scribbles’ reflecting the abstract patterns that appear on the cookies from the cinnamon sugar coating. When the name (and the cookie) comes from is surprisingly long ago: the records quote as far back as 1889. Wherever and whenever, the cookies are laughably easy to make and grinningly delicious. Get the kids to assist so they roll the dough balls in sugared cinnamon like dung beetles."
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time10 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Royally Rich Cool Whip Cookies
- 7 Layer Cookies – the Best Christmas Cookie Ever
- Tropical Royalty Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
- Incredible Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Florida Sun Oatmeal Cookies
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars Recipe
- Cake Mix Oreo Cookie Recipe
- 30+ Incredibly Easy No Bake Cookies
- Pecan Pie Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter Cookies