Vanilla Bean Ricotta Cookies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"A soft vanilla bean ricotta cookie topped with vanilla bean icing. A perfect dessert for your Easter Brunch. These are very similar to the Lemon Ricotta cookies I make at Easter as well. Soft and fluffy - you could tint the icing in pastels to make them festive!"
This ricotta cookie recipe is so moist that you will think that you accidentally made cake. Your whole family will enjoy the sweetness of this ricotta cookies recipe, and they won't even realize that it's made with delicious ricotta cheese.
Preparation Time15 min
Chilling Time30 min
Cooking Time15 min
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs, plus one egg white
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese, drained preferably overnight
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, more or less to get ideal icing consistency
Place the ricotta cheese in a strainer over a bowl and place in the fridge overnight (or a couple hours) to drain out all the excess liquid. You can skip this if you have high quality ricotta at your store.
Place oven racks in the upper portions of your oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. (You will reduce heat to 350 when you put the cookies in)
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, add butter and beat on medium for 10 seconds.
With the mixer running on medium, slowly pour in the sugar. Beat the butter and sugar for 2 minutes, stopping once to scrap down the sides of the bowl. You should get a nice and fluffy result. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade No-churn Berry Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Air Fryer Churros
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 5-ingredient Mixed Berry Fruit Jam
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
- Whipped Jello Mandarin Orange Mousse
- Blueberry Lush
- Easy Peach Ice Cream