Nini Rice's Apple Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"An old-fashioned apple bread recipe passed down from generation to generation. When picking out apples for this bread, it's a good practice to taste your apples before choosing which ones to use. Bland apples will result in bland bread. I like a mix of tart and sweet together."
- If you prefer a softer crust, about halfway through baking, loosely cover the bread with foil. I remember Nini's bread always tender and soft on top.
Makes1 large loaf or 3 small loaves
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking Vessel Size5 x 9 loaf pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sour milk (I add a bit of plain or apple cider vinegar to sour the milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw apples (chopped into -inch pieces, not peeled)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts ( walnuts are my preference)
Cream sugar and butter.
Add beaten eggs, sour milk, and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated and smooth.
Add apples and nuts. Don't overmix!
Bake in a greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. I used 5 x 8. Or if baking as 3 mini loaves 40 minutes, checking after 30.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Anolon Eminence 10 Piece Bakeware Set
- Ayesha 3-Piece Cookie Pan Set
- Ayesha Curry Kitchenware
- Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Skillet Brownie
- Adorable Unicorn Cupcakes
- 2-Ingredient Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- S'mores Popsicles with Toasted Marshmallow Meringue
- Melting Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Easy Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- S'mores Chocolate No Bake Cookie Bars