We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, TheBestDessertRecipes.com
The 3-quart MixerMate Bowl from NewMetro Design is especially made for hand mixers. Its unique design reduces mixing time because it makes the mixing process easier. How, you ask? Because the bowl is in an oval shape as opposed to a full circle and has taller sides that prevent splattering.
I was a little skeptical before trying the MixerMate. It just looked like an odd-shaped mixing bowl. Would it really make hand mixing any easier? I tested the MixerMate using crepe batter (thin batter) and truffle batter (thick batter). I was pleasantly surprised when I made the crepe batter. It is a liquid-based batter, and the bowl did, in fact, make the mixing process easier. Because the bowl is so skinny, I didn't have to move the mixer around as much. The batter was concentrated in a smaller area, which sped up the process.
The MixerMate didn't have the same effect on the truffle batter. It is a thicker batter, and I found that this bowl performed just like other mixing bowls. Therefore, I recommend using the MixerMate Bowl for thin/liquid-based things, such as eggs, meringue, whipped cream, etc.
A few other nice things about this bowl is that it's easy to pour from all four sides. As a baker, that is very handy. Also, the two taller sides are easy to grip because of their sleek ergonimc design. This bowl is ideal for the baking enthusiast. If you think this bowl is perfect for a friend, a cute idea is to fill it up with different baking gadgets. It makes a great shower gift.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Chance to Win a BergHOFF Perfect Slice Cake Pan!
- Win a Swiss Diamond Prestige Clad Fry Pan!
- Chance to Win a NY Cake Silicone Bundt Cake Pan!
- Enter to win the Frieling Layer Cake Slicer Giveaway!
- Chance to Win a Zenker Springform Nonstick Pure Pan!
- Chance to Win a Peugeot Lanka Cinnamon Mill
- Tovolo Kitchen Tools Prize Pack Review
- Aerolatte Milk Frother Review
- Enter to Win Free Barista Baking Company Scones!
- Chance to Win a Silpat Spring Macaron Baking Mat!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade Marzipan (Almond Paste)
- Monster Piñata Cookies
- Cream Cheese Cookie Bars
- Jack O'Lantern Cookies
- The Best Caramel Apples
- Pastel Witch & Cat Cookies
- Zombie Cookies
- Stranger Things Cookies
- Easy Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Easy Autumn Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe