Spread the Love: 14 Easy Frosting Recipes
Make your next cake stand out with these amazing frosting recipes prepared from scratch!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
What's a delicious cake or batch of cupcakes without the perfect frosting to match? Forget about buying an overpriced container of frosting at your local grocery store or supermarket. Make a batch of homemade frosting instead. Spread the Love: 14 Easy Frosting Recipes is the ultimate collection of homemade frostings that you're sure to love. With the majority of the recipes having five ingredients or less, you can be sure that whipping up a batch won't be difficult at all. From chocolate frosting recipes, to buttercream frosting recipes, to homemade whipped cream recipes, our frosting collection has all of the sweet spreads you could ever want or need for you favorite dessert recipes.
You'll likely find any excuse to spread some frosting on baked goods! Whether you want the perfect frosting for cake, create a frothy and sweet dessert dip, or just eat frosting on its own (we won't tell!), these recipes will be just what you need. Just choose the right type of frosting, then get to work on making a decadent dessert.
Table of Contents
Pick out the right cake mix and get baking with these delightful recipes! You'll discover an assortment of delicious desserts when you take a look at the free eCookbook Incredibly Easy Dessert Recipes: 10 Fun Recipes with Cake Mix
Buttercream Frosting Recipes
There is nothing quite like the classic buttercream frosting. Elegant as can be and delicious, too, this type of frosting is one of the classics! You'll love adding some depth and extra sweetness to your favorite cakes, cupcakes, and more with these buttercream frosting recipes. These easy-to-make recipes should be part of any home baker's repertoire. If you are getting into baking, then these recipes need to be at your fingertips. Although you can't go wrong with traditional buttercream flavors, you will also discover frosting that uses essential oils!
- Buttercream 101Go back to basics with this easy frosting recipe. With this recipe, you no longer have to be wary about making your own homemade buttercream frosting.
- Baileys Buttercream FrostingDo you know what your favorite chocolate cake needs? A generous layer of this unique buttercream frosting, of course! Add some decadence to your dessert table any time of the year with this recipe.
- Blue Curacao Frosting ShotsFans of frosting rejoice! These frosting shots are so sweet and addicting that you won't be able to help yourself from indulging in multiple rounds.
- This easy frosting recipe may only involve a few simple ingredients, but it tastes like a million bucks. It's a buttercream frosting that goes with practically everything.
- Red Velvet ButtercreamAdd a bit of flair to your favorite cake or cookie recipes with this decadent frosting. It actually tastes just like a red velvet cake, which is unbelievable!
- Lavender Buttercream Recipe with Essential OilMake your next batch of cupcakes a little bit fancier with this recipe! If you've always wanted to use essential oils, then this recipe is the perfect place to start.
- The Best Pineapple FrostingIf you can't get to the tropics, then bring the tropics to you with this delightful frosting recipe! The perfect complement to white or yellow cake, this recipe will be a refreshing departure from the usual frosting flavors.
Homemade Whipped Cream Recipes
If you're in need of lighter frosting, then these recipes for whipped frosting will do the trick! You'll want to spread these toppings on your favorite cakes, cupcakes, and more. If you're lucky enough to have leftovers, then consider serving the topping as a fun dip! These recipes are too good to miss.
- 5 Minute Homemade Whipped CreamThis whipped cream recipe is so good that you won't believe it's homemade (even if you were the one to whip it up). You can use this whipped cream recipe as a dip for slices of fresh fruit.
- Cake Batter Whipped CreamFlavored whipped cream recipes like this one go great with any dessert. They really add an extra bit of flavor depth that you never knew you were even missing.
- Hot Chocolate Whipped CreamWith this easy dessert recipe, anything is possible. Spread it onto a cake or a batch of cookies, or put a dollop in your hot chocolate. This is one recipe you're sure to love.
Other Frosting Recipes to Try
There are plenty of additional types of frosting out there! Whether you're looking for a vegan version of your favorite frosting or a new twist on an old favorite, these recipes are definitely worth a try. Although these recipes are used as toppings for baked treats, there's nothing wrong with using them as a dessert dip. Step up your dessert game a notch when you add these frosting recipes to the mix!
- Mouth-Watering Reese's Pieces Fudge FrostingYou've never tasted a chocolate and peanut butter flavor combination quite like this one before. It's so incredibly sweet and decadent that you'll be hooked at first bite.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Frosting RecipeCalling all vegans and anyone who follows a gluten-free diet! If you're looking for a recipe that checks all the boxes for you, then this frosting is it. You can have your cake and eat it too with this recipe.
- Pudding Mix Vanilla FrostingQuick and easy to make, this recipe uses only three ingredients. You likely already have everything you need to make this frosting, so keep this recipe in mind the next time you need a topping in a pinch.
- Fluffy Cloud FrostingLight and delicious, this frosting recipe will be a whimsical addition to your next tray of cupcakes. This recipe also includes instructions on how to get that cloud-like look.
If you've ever wondered how to make Cool Whip, or wished you could make your own whipped topping and not have to use the store-bought version, then you need to see this video! How to Make Whipped Topping
What is your favorite type of frosting?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
Warm Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is a wonderful dessert recipe to enjoy once the leaves start to change colors and fall from the trees.… Continue reading: "Warm Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake"
- Cake Batter Whipped Cream
- Whipped Coconut Buttercream
- Pudding Mix Vanilla Frosting
- Homemade Pineapple Curd
- Cute Cherry ICEE Cupcakes
- Easy White Chocolate Buttercream
- Easy Cookie Butter Frosting
- Homemade Lemon Whipped Cream
- How to Choose the Right Types of Frosting
- Healthy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Kieffles Cookie Recipe
- Glazed Eggnog Bread
- Easy Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pudding
- Slow Cooker Cherry Pie
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker Cinnamon Rolls
- Slow Cooker Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Mousse