This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Italian Cream Cupcakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Recipe names are a funny thing. Take the Italian Cream Cake, for instance. The name suggests that it comes from Italy, right? Nope. Not at all. In fact, there is very little Italian about an Italian Cream Cake. The cake is topped with a tasty cream cheese frosting…but cream cheese isn’t really common in Italian cooking. Mascarpone is. But not cream cheese. It seems that the first recipe for an Italian Cream Cake actually appears in a Dallas, TX newspaper in the mid 1930’s. Some folks say that an Italian baker living the southern part of the U.S. invented the cake…thus the name. No-one really knows. But then again, I’m not sure I really care. Italian Cream Cakes are one heck of a delicious dessert!"
Read NextChocolatey Cauldron Cakes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Chocolatey Cauldron Cakes
- Supreme Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Ricotta Pound Cake Cupcakes with Whipped Ricotta Frosting
- Hot Buttered Rum Cupcakes
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cupcakes
- Chocolate Italian Wedding Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes with Raspberry Filling
- Tropical Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
- Golden Twinkie Cupcakes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Paleo Dark Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Ultimate Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Gluten Free Lava Cakes (paleo)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cobbler
- Easy Rustic Apple Tart With Phyllo Dough Recipe
- Cute Turkey Donuts For Thanksgiving Breakfast
- Easy Apple Strudel Recipe
- Best Paleo Zucchini Bread With Chocolate Chips
- Cute Oreo Reese’s Bats For Halloween