Wild and Crazy Desserts: 18 Unique Cupcake Recipes
Add some pizzazz to your next get-together with these cupcake recipes!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
While your mother may have told you to never play with your food when you were younger, she probably had never seen fun cupcake recipes like these. Our collection of Wild and Crazy Desserts: 18 Unique Cupcake Recipes has a wide variety of inventive, imaginative, and unique cupcake recipes that are just as delicious as they are fun to make. From recipes for cupcakes with different flavors to boozy cupcake recipes with alcohol in them, this list has many creative cupcake ideas that you've never even dreamed of until now. Don't get stuck in a vanilla cupcake rut! Instead, mix things up with unique flavors, colors, and decorations.
Cupcakes are great dessert options because they are portable and perfectly portioned. Everyone gets their own dessert and the host doesn't need to spend time slicing pieces or getting out plates and forks. Cupcakes can be filled with pudding or chocolate fudge, topped with easy frosting recipes like fluffy buttercream or cookie dough, and adorned with adorable themed decorations. Unwrapping one of these cupcakes will be like opening a gift on Christmas morning because they are so special. You'll enjoy serving these delicious cupcakes for a birthday party, bridal shower, or even just because it's Friday. Don't keep your friends and family waiting to enjoy these scrumptious cupcakes — get started on a unique cupcake recipe today!
Table of Contents
Make more in your muffin tins with these Delicious Bite-Size Desserts: 15 Easy Muffin Tin Recipes
Boozy Cupcakes Adults Will Love
Who said that cupcakes are just for kids? When it comes to dessert recipes with alcohol, there's nothing like a boozy cupcake — and these recipes that are just for adults will deliver! Whether you want the perfect cupcake for a cookout, casual get-together, or other occasion, these desserts for adults will take the cake. You'll love creating these rich and delicious desserts the next time your friends stop by for dinner. The unexpected addition of beer, tequila, or other types of alcohol is sure to delight your guests, too. Consider making these unique cupcake recipes for a milestone birthday party.
- Drunken Peeps CupcakesMake Easter a little bit more fun with this easy dessert recipe. These haphazard cupcakes are super cute and easy to make.
- Make Easter a little bit more fun with this easy dessert recipe. These haphazard cupcakes are super cute and easy to make.
- Irish Car Bomb CupcakesThis recipe for cupcakes is just exploding with flavor. The alcoholic ingredients make each bite delightfully satisfying.
- Festive Margarita Lime CupcakesYour next get-together with friends will be so much more festive with these cupcakes on the menu. Bright and full of color and flavor, these boozy cupcakes will be a hit with everyone.
Take a Trip Down Memory Lane with These Unique Cupcakes
When was the las time you had a root beer float or even sat around a camp fire with friends? If it's been a while — or maybe it's been too long — then these creative cupcake ideas are the perfect way to add some nostalgia to almost any event, including your next milestone birthday party or even a class reunion. Colorful as can be, you'll find these easy cupcake recipes will be a sweet way to serve dessert while also tapping into your creative side. You can also serve these cupcakes at a child's birthday party!
- Camp Fire CupcakesYou'll be singing "Kumbaya" as you eat these s'more-like cupcakes. They'll make you nostalgic for summer, especially since they're decorated to look just like a bonfire.
- Cookie Monster CupcakesNow you don't have to choose between cake or cookies! This rich cupcake recipe makes for a great dessert at a child's birthday party.
- Awesome Atomic Fireball CupcakesThese cupcakes are a fiery treat. They have just the perfect amount of cinnamon flavor to warm your mouth without burning your tongue.
- Dr. Seuss CupcakesYou can eat them on a train, and you can eat them on a plane. Very quickly and in no time, these themed cupcakes will make you want to rhyme.
- Root Beer Float CupcakesMonkey bread is transformed into a fun, party-sized treat with this wacky cupcake recipe. You'll definitely go "ape" over these cupcakes.
- Orange Creamsicle CupcakesTalk about a blast from the past. You'll love how each bite of these cupcakes tastes just like the frozen treat you used to enjoy as a kid.
- Chocolatey Dirt Pudding CupcakesThis cupcake recipe is an adaptation of another dessert meant to resemble the outdoors. You'll especially love the creamy pudding-filled centers.
- Pull-Apart Monkey Bread CupcakesMonkey bread is transformed into a fun, party-sized treat with this wacky cupcake recipe. You'll definitely go "ape" over these cupcakes.
Unique Cupcakes for Special Occasions
Are you planning a bridal shower, bachelorette party, an event to welcome a new baby, or other big event? Then these elegant and unique cupcake ideas will be the perfect addition to your menu! You'll love showing off your cake decorating skills in a big way when you set these cupcakes out on a platter during the big event. These easy cupcake recipes stretch beyond frosting and cake; you'll find recipes that include brownies, sliced fresh fruit, and even plenty of peanut butter. Although these cupcakes are perfect for a special occasion, you can definitely bring them to work or the next family get-together, too.
- Swanky High Heel CupcakesThese cupcakes may look fancy and high class, but they're surprisingly easy to make. Just like you can never have too many pairs of shoes, you can never have too many of these cupcakes.
- Cookie Dough Frosted Fudge Brownie CupcakesThese wacky cupcakes can't decide what kind of dessert they want to be. They're essentially three easy dessert recipes all rolled into one.
- Strawberry Cheesecake CupcakesDecadent and rich, these delicious cupcakes simply must be included in the next bridal shower on your calendar. The combination of strawberry and cheesecake is one that everyone will enjoy and find refreshing.
- These wacky cupcakes can't decide what kind of dessert they want to be. They're essentially three easy dessert recipes all rolled into one.
- Easy Turkey CupcakesWhen you think of decorated treats, you likely picture something for Christmas. But these cute and colorful cupcakes are just what you need for Thanksgiving.
- Cranberry Orange Cupcakes with White Chocolate ButtercreamThese cupcakes are almost too pretty to eat! As these cupcakes may take a while to complete you will want to serve them for a truly special occasion. Keep these in mind the next time you need to plan a milestone birthday.
How to Ice Cupcakes
Ready to ice cupcakes like a pro? Don't grab that bag of icing just yet, as you will want to keep these tips in mind.
*Cool down. Wait for your cupcakes to cool completely — both on the top and the bottom — before slathering on the frosting or icing. If your cakes are still warm, or worse, hot to the touch, then the icing will be a sticky mess, as noted by Melissa Clark of The New York Times. You may need to wait at an hour, and perhaps longer, after your cupcakes have been removed from the oven before you can start decorating them.
*Practice, practice, practice. If this is your first time decorating cupcakes or using some frosting equipment that is new to you, then the cake decorating may not go to plan. Take your time, and consider making extra cupcakes simply so you can squeeze in a few test runs.
*Know your frosting. Will you use the traditional buttercream frosting, ganache, whipped cream icing, or another type of icing? The type of frosting you use will determine the technique and equipment you need to decorate the cupcakes. Knowing what to expect can help you plan accordingly.
If you're looking for more tips on using frosting, then take a look at the guide How to Choose the Right Types of Frosting, pictured above!
What is your favorite unique cupcake recipe?
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Images from other cooks
Recipe of the Day
You won't find any dump cake recipes or apple cake recipes quite like Just-Like-Mom's Apple Dump Cake. This delicious cake tastes just… Continue reading: "Just-Like-Mom's Apple Dump Cake"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Dragon Fruit, Papaya & Pomegranate Yogurt
- Candy Corn Cookie Bars Recipe
- Fruit Skewers and Coconut Yogurt Dip
- Strawberry Dumplings
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate
- Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes
- Almond Apricot Cupcakes
- Egg Liqueur Cake
- Baked Apples Stuffed with Walnuts
- Cute Snowman Cupcakes