Angel Food Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"Angel food cake is, both in actual cake and in perception, airy-fairy, floaty, fluffy and insubstantial. It’s like eating cloud. Really sweet cloud. But surprisingly, it can be sliced and layered, filled with cream and fruit and curd without fear of collapsing. What it is basically is a butterless, fatless, egg yolk-less sponge. Airy-fairy. I was really worried that it wouldn’t hold, whites beaten to a lovely stiff meringue, but seeing as there’s nothing else to hold it apart from a bit of cream of tartar, I thought it might rise sky-high in the oven and collapse in a heap when removed. No fear - it holds great."
Preparation Time2 hr 20 min
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Whether you are a huge fan of pineapple, or are simply in need of a little sunshine, The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake recipe is the… Continue reading: "The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake"
- Best One-Bowl Yellow Cake
- Inside Out Cream Puff Cake Recipe
- The Best Easy Dessert Recipes: 28 Dump Cake Recipes
- Lemon Pudding Poke Cake
- Sunday Morning Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Dandy Diner Dream Cake
- 26 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes
- "The Best of Fall" Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Pound Cake with Vanilla Icing
- Warm Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Homemade No-churn Berry Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- Air Fryer Churros
- Air Fryer Apple Chips
- 5-ingredient Mixed Berry Fruit Jam
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
- Whipped Jello Mandarin Orange Mousse
- Blueberry Lush
- Easy Peach Ice Cream