Cranberry Walnut Bread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"It’s that time of year when I get to break out the Swedish Pearl Sugar to create pretty baked goods! And this Cranberry Walnut Bread is a great way to use up any leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving. Sweet and tart at the same time, this family recipe gets a little extra citrus + vanilla bump from a lesser known Sicilian extract. A generous sprinkle of Swedish Pearl Sugar gives this holiday bread a hint of winter wonderland."
Makes1 loaf, or 4 mini loaves
Preparation Time30 min
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking Vessel Size1 standard loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cup fresh raw cranberries, cut in half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
- juice and rind of 1 orange (you'll need ¾ cup juice, so you may need to juice an extra orange or add orange juice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Fiori di Sicilia extract or vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Combine cranberries with toasted walnuts and ¼ cup sugar. Set aside.
Combine 2 Tbs. coconut oil (melted), grated rind of one orange and ¾ cup warm orange juice. (you want the juice to be slightly warm so it doesn't harden the coconut oil when you mix them.) Add 1 tsp Fiori di Sicilia. Whisk to combine. Set aside to cool.
Once cool, add one egg and whisk to combine. Add this to dry mixture. Gently stir only until the flour mixture is dampened.
Stir the cranberry/walnut mixture into the batter and pour into a greased loaf pan. Push batter into corners of pan and shake to level.
Let stand 20 minutes before baking.
Top with Swedish pearl sugar and bake at 350F for 45 minutes to an hour, 20-25 minutes for mini loaves.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Recipe of the Day
Cherry pies are a tasty and classic dessert recipe, but this Adorable Mason Jar Cherry Pies recipe puts a fun twist on the typical… Continue reading: "Adorable Mason Jar Cherry Pies"
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Thai Red Rubies - Tub Tim Grob
- Thai-styled Shaved Ice Dessert
- Fried Sugared Taro
- Easy Thai Tea Cheesecake
- Thai Sticky Rice Pudding With Corn
- Caramelized Pear Bread Pudding
- Homemade Banana Pudding
- Lemon Pudding Cake
- The Best Carrot Cake Recipe With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 Ingredient S’mores Bars