6 - Inch Sponge Cake with Strawberries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"This cake was inspired by my grandmother's cook book that defines this sponge as 'Never Fail' and the inspiration to use elderflowers came from Donal Skehan that has inspired me to use Elderflower Syrup instead of hot water but mixed into the mixture before baking. If you want to enrich the sponge, use any fruit syrup that is not of intense color. Otherwise, the sponge may look strange. Since it is a strawberry cake, it is perfect if you have a strawberry jam at hand to spread over a cooled sponge. If not, use any or none. As long as there is enough of whipped cream and strawberries, it makes a beautiful and tasty fruit cake. To spread the jam easier, I warm it up. If I try to spread it firm as it is in the jar, it may ruin the sponge. Second spread is the whipped cream. And then, finally, arrange the cake with fresh strawberries and serve."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking Vessel Size6 inch
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Little Bitty Peach Dump Cake
- Hot Chocolate Cake
- Grandma's Prized Lemon Crazy Cake
- Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- All-In-One Cake Pan Cake
- 3-Ingredient Lemon Pineapple Dump Cake
- 2 Minute Coffee Cake in a Mug
- Cookie Butter Pound Cake Recipe
- 26 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Dump Cake
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peach Pound Cake
- Amish No-Bake Cookies
- Easy Pie Recipes: 12 of the Best Pie Recipes
- No Churn Melon and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Fluffernutter Bars
- BulbHead Red Copper Brownie Bonanza Pan
- Blueberry Fro-yo without Ice Cream Maker
- Fiesta Ceramic Rectangular Baking Dish