6 - Inch Sponge Cake with Strawberries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"This cake was inspired by my grandmother's cook book that defines this sponge as 'Never Fail' and the inspiration to use elderflowers came from Donal Skehan that has inspired me to use Elderflower Syrup instead of hot water but mixed into the mixture before baking. If you want to enrich the sponge, use any fruit syrup that is not of intense color. Otherwise, the sponge may look strange. Since it is a strawberry cake, it is perfect if you have a strawberry jam at hand to spread over a cooled sponge. If not, use any or none. As long as there is enough of whipped cream and strawberries, it makes a beautiful and tasty fruit cake. To spread the jam easier, I warm it up. If I try to spread it firm as it is in the jar, it may ruin the sponge. Second spread is the whipped cream. And then, finally, arrange the cake with fresh strawberries and serve."
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time15 min
Cooking Vessel Size6 inch
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Unicorn Popcorn
- Caramel Cookie Bar Recipe
- Easy Chocolate Hazelnut Cookie Recipe
- Thor Ragnorok Inspired Cupcake Recipe
- Fall Themed Cupcakes Recipe
- Delicious Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- Easy Cookie Bar Recipe That We Love
- Pistachio Lemon Bars
- Adorable Disney Pixar Coco Inspired Guitar Cupcakes Recipe
- Copycat Ina's English Chocolate Crisps