Old Fashioned Poppy Seed Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"NO – you can’t get high on poppy seed cakes. YES – poppy seeds do have some pain alleviating and sleep aiding qualities, to quite an insignificant extent. DEBATABLE – whether eating poppy seed bagels or muffins can make you fail a drug test. Urban and peasant legends aside, those tiny black seeds deserve a legendary status in baking and pastry making, instead of just being warily sprinkled on a bread loaf or scantily scattered across a lemon drizzle slice. They also make quite an incredible tasting cake, the one below. What can I say? One of the best ever (and I’ve baked a few…)."
Preparation Time40 min
Cooking Time1 hr
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Scandalous Sex in a Pan
- Dangerously Good Texas Tornado Cake
- Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake with Cream Cheese Glaze
- Homemade Boston Cream Pie
- 26 Quick and Easy Mug Cake Recipes
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake
- Inside Out Cream Puff Cake Recipe
- Creamy Cannoli Poke Cake
- Most Delicious Crumb Cake
- Pleasing Peach Cobbler Pound Cake