This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"The spices and rich molasses flavor of gingersnaps is the quintessential flavor for Christmas. It wouldn’t be Christmas time without little gingerbread people and houses constructed with candied architecture or these classic gingersnaps. With this recipe, you get two different textured cookies. Baked right away, you’ll get crisp and crunchy gingersnaps – the kind that you can snap in half for proper dunking. Freezing or chilling the dough will result in a soft and chewy version."
Makes36 3" cookies
Preparation Time10 min
Chilling Time4 min
Cooking Time9 min
Cooking Vessel Sizebaking sheet
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for finishing
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk
Preheat oven to 350°F, racks and upper and lower thirds of the oven, cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
Combine flour, baking soda, salt, spices in a bowl. Stir well to mix.
With a mixer, beat on medium speed butter and sugar for about five minutes until fluffy and white. Add the egg + yolk and continue beating until smooth.
Lower speed and beat in one half of the dry ingredients, then the molasses. Stop and scrape the side of the mixer. Beat in the rest the dry ingredients.
Scoop out 1 inch pieces of dough balls (larger if you'll use them for ice cream sandwiches). Roll between the palm of your hand, then roll in sugar.
Bake right away for crispy gingersnaps. Place balls on cookie sheet, 3 inches apart. Bake 7 - 8 minutes or until surface is crackled. Cookies will harden as they cool.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Get The Buzz On These Easy Bee Oreo Cookies
- Snow Ball Cookies
- Florida Sun Oatmeal Cookies
- Cake Mix Oreo Cookie Recipe
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- The Best Dessert Recipes: 18 Recipes for Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 14 Easy Peanut Butter Cookies You'll Love
- Easy 3 Ingredient Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake Mix Recipe
- Mickey Cupcakes
- Lava Cake In A Mug
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Butterfinger Cookies
- Butterscotch Cake With Streusel Topping
- Madras Cocktail
- Cookie Monster Cake
- Bob Marley Drink
- Nanaimo Bars