Baked Apples with Coconut Cream
We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"I made two versions of this recipe: one with sugar and one without. Since I’m in the middle of a Whole30, mine was without but my husband and son thoroughly enjoyed their brown sugared variety. I find with a little bit of cinnamon, apples don’t need much sugar, they’re perfect. A few years ago I shared one of my favourite snacks with you. That snack was the Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Bowl and it was with that recipe that I discovered that apples are incredible the way they are. All you need is a little heat and cinnamon, and you’re “in the money”. I chose to use granny smith apples in this recipe because they’re my favourite. I have always preferred this tart and tangy variety as I have found it balanced well whenever I paired it with dark chocolate (my usual apple snack). With that being said, granny smiths are also known to be perfect for baking as they sweeten up as they cook. This dessert recipe for baked apples with coconut cream is a healthier spin on apple pie. It’s gluten free (no crust) and dairy free, thanks to the coconut whipped cream."
Preparation Time5 min
Cooking Time15 min
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Fruit Salad with Rosemary and Cream Cheese
- Apple Cinnamon Fritter Loaf Cake
- Grandma's Homemade Apple Crisp
- 38 Strawberry Dessert Recipes
- 16 Easy Peach Dessert Recipes
- Apple Pie Shortbread Bars
- Heavenly Lemon Bars
- Country Crescent Apple Dumplings
- Best Baked Bloomin' Apples
- 20 Tropical Desserts with Pineapple
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Peach Pound Cake
- Amish No-Bake Cookies
- Easy Pie Recipes: 12 of the Best Pie Recipes
- No Churn Melon and Condensed Milk Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Fluffernutter Bars
- BulbHead Red Copper Brownie Bonanza Pan
- Blueberry Fro-yo without Ice Cream Maker
- Fiesta Ceramic Rectangular Baking Dish