Crustless Classic Pumpkin Pie
Arguably, the best part about any pie is the filling. So, Crustless Classic Pumpkin Pie is obviously one of the best pies out there because it doesn't have any crust whatsoever! This is a fun take on a classic Thanksgiving pie recipe that you'll want to make over and over again, year after year. The pumpkin pie filling is perfectly rich and creamy. It has a wonderfully warm flavor thanks to quite a few fall spices, including cinnamon and allspice.
To give the pie a little more substance to it and to keep it from being a bit runny, this recipe adds some graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs into the filling. You'll hardly notice that they're there but they truly make all the difference.
Mix up your Thanksgiving routine and give yourself a break. This easy pie recipe is the perfect treat for your table.
1 pound can solid pack pumpkin
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon teaspoon salt
1/2 cup graham-cracker crumbs or 1/2 cup vanilla wafer crumbs
1 cup whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl combine pumkin, evaporated milk, eggs and egg whites: beat until blended and smooth.
- Mix in sugar, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt, blending well. Stir in crumbs.
- Spray high-sided 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour pie filling into pie plate.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool pie on wire rack and refridge overnight. Cut in wedges and serve with small dollop of whipped cream.
Read NextThe Perfect Thanksgiving Drink