We are adding the recipe to your Recipes.
The recipe was added to your Recipes.
"I am so happy to share this butter tart recipe with you! Butter tarts…the quintessential Canadian treat!! These ooey gooey delightful delicacies nestled into a flaky tart crust are oooohhh so good! This flakey sweet and salty dessert resembles a mini pecan pie, sort of. Butter tarts are said to have originated in the 1600’s in Quebec. It was during this time that about 800 young ladies were sent to Quebec from France to serve as prospective brides for the early Canadian settlers. Actually, this was before Canada was even a country. These young women are said to have used local ingredients — maple syrup, butter, dried fruits — to create this pastry treat. No matter the origin, these are to-die-for desserts!!"
Cooking Vessel Sizemuffin tin
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
- Strawberry Jam Filled Donuts
- Easy S'mores Turnovers
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Crescent Roll Pastries
- Easy Apple Cream Cheese Tart
- Superb Stuffed Crescent Roll Recipe
- Cream Puffs with Vanilla Custard Filling
- Rustic Apple Plum Tarts
- Warm Apple Streusel Bars
- Strawberry Rhubarb Galette
- 30-Minute Mini Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls